Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Jesus I Trust In You

"Tell sinners that I am always waiting for them, that I listen intently to the beating of their heart...My heart rejoices when they return to me." (Jesus to St. Faustina - Notebook VI, 1728)

On the 22nd of February, 1931, Sister Maria Faustina Kowalska, a Polish nun, received her first vision of Jesus. Jesus asked her to remind the world of His unfathomable Divine Mercy and He taught her a very special Devotion to the Divine Mercy based on trust in Him.

Sister Faustina died on October 5, 1938, and on April 30, 2000 the first Sunday after Easter, on Divine Mercy Sunday, she was canonized a saint by the Church.

I find the Divine Mercy devotional prayer to be exceptionally simple, beautiful and powerful. Whether you are Catholic or non-Catholic, I would like to direct you to the Remnant Band website whose recording of the prayer is quite unique and captivating. You really MUST hear it!

Go to Remnant Radio and scroll down the song list menu on right to choose either Divine Mercy Chaplet-English or Divine Mercy Chaplet-English (Extended), both of which are about 15 minutes or more in length.

Listen online and if you like it (I’m sure you will!) go to the downloads page and for the bargain price of $1.80 you can download your very own mp3 file. Keep it on your computer or transfer it to your portable player in order to have it close by whenever you want to pray the Divine Mercy in company with the Remnant Band.

Jesus I Trust in You!

No comments: