Sunday, March 16, 2008

Canada’s Catholic Bishops Pleading for Conversion

I don’t wish to sound cynical here but in my experience at Mass for the past four years in Canada, it has been a relatively rare occasion when a priest or a Bishop has issued a call to conversion, let alone a strongly worded plea.

Don’t misunderstand me. I hear the Pope constantly reinforcing the Church’s teaching and urging the daily spiritual conversion of all Catholics.

But for me it's been a lamentable concern that such a call is an uncommon thing in Canadian Catholic churches.

So when I saw this headline, it seemed misplaced. I clicked through to the news release on the CCCB website and the actual document entitled “Our Relationship with the Environment: The Need for Conversion.”

What do you think?

No comments: